The world has changed and we’re changing with it.
NSA NYC is here more than ever to support you on your speaking journey.
Our virtual programming is designed to inspire transformation in your business, craft, and mindset. Each monthly Chapter Meeting features learning from incredible speakers who are experts in their fields – sharing insights and examples of how to evolve our businesses. In addition, each meeting contains interactive and networking components to model innovation, engagement and connection as we navigate this massive shift together.
Meeting attendance is included in your monthly Professional Member or Chapter Associate subscription. Guests are welcome. Please register via the link below.
Host / Emcee: Jen Slaw
Small Events Big Impact
The speaking industry is shifting as the advent and accessibility of technology has opened up a variety of new ways to influence, impact and generate income. In this program, Michelle Villalobos, CSP and Member of the Million Dollar Speakers Group, will share a surprisingly simple framework for both new and established speakers alike to create more scalable, sustainable back end revenues from speaking – without cheesy, sleazy sales pitches from the stage. If you like the idea of generating income and delivering impact through live and virtual events, retreats and seminars, as well as ongoing virtual group masterminds or mastery programs, this program is for you.
In this session you’ll…
- Learn the 3-part “Big Back End” framework for driving monthly recurring revenues from speaking…
- See how just 2 (or more) small events (live or virtual) a year can generate an additional 6+ figures in revenue to your already established speaking business…
- See examples of lifestyle-friendly “Big Back End” offerings that generate ongoing monthly recurring revenues…
- Understand why speakers often struggle to fill their own programs and events (and what you can do differently)…
- Write a “Retreat Positioning Statement” to attract prospects to your program’s “juicy outcome”…
- Discover Michelle’s 7 favorite no-cost or low-cost marketing strategies to fill your small events (or any programs!)…
- Get the “magic sentence” for driving sales from your speeches – without selling from the stage…
- See lots of examples of successful small event models across a variety of fields and categories, including wellness, marketing instruction, sales training, spiritual evolution, and personal development.
Speaker, Consultant, and Media Trainer Kerry Barrett will share;
- Biggest Difference Between Communicating On-Camera vs. In-Person
- 5 tips on how to Set up Your Work From Home Speakers Stage: lighting, framing, camera angle, background, audio
- The three questions I always Get: Where Do I Look, What Do I Do With My Hands, Why Do I Look So Tired? (Energy, Zoom Filter)
Kerry Barrett is the Founder and CEO of Kerry Barrett Consulting, a full-service media training, and public speaking boutique.
Kerry helps clients from every walk of life bring out their inner rock star when it comes to speaking in front of an audience.. or in front of a camera… across all media platforms and in creating today’s best messaging tool, video. She polishes your message, tunes up body language, and tailors your presentation so it is memorable and ALWAYS resonates.
Kerry is an Emmy award-winning TV news anchor, reporter, and broadcaster. She has appeared on the Weather Channel, NBC, ABC, and Fox TV stations in markets across the country, most recently as a reporter and anchor on WNBC’s morning newscast “Today in New York”.
She’s is also a wife, dog lover.. and mother of 3.. 8 years, 5 years, and 2 years. Which likely means she spent at least some of the night last night changing diapers, getting milk, soothing away a bad dream, and escorting multiple children to the potty. It also most likely means, she is on her 14th cup of coffee…
How to Zoom to Grow Your Business with Zoom Queen Marquesa Pettway
Former CNN Associate Producer turned Business Reinvention Strategist & Profes- sional Speaker, MARQUESA PETTWAY, helps Experts and Organizations leverage the ZOOM Platform resulting in engaging virtual events, smart productive meetings & multiple virtual-based income streams.
- Client acquisition
- Design Virtual Event Experiences for the highest level of engagement with that in person feel.
- Emcee, speaker and virtual host roles
- Zoom Basics for the Speakerpreneur
- Leveraging Zoom to Grow your Biz (client acquisition, connection, & productivity)
https://link.zoomlikeaboss.com/NSANYCZoomVB (download my steps for creating a powerful virtual background)
Your Meeting Host – Jen Slaw
Jen Slaw works with companies struggling to keep up with constant change and looking to improve employee engagement, productivity and innovation. She’s shared her unique approach to problem-solving and life juggling on various news & morning TV shows, the Late Show with David Letterman, Off-Broadway and TEDx stages. A former structural engineer and world-record-holding expert juggler, she uses principles of juggling to teach strategies that result in more balanced, productive, motivated, creative problem solvers and effective collaborators. Jen‘s interactive virtual keynote experiences and training programs provide hands-on learning and engagement to reveal insights and tools for adopting a growth mindset, integrating work/life, staying nimble in the face of change, strengthening teams, and creating a positive work environment. She holds degrees in engineering and art from Swarthmore College and is proud to serve NSA NYC as Director of Programming.