- Learn from successful professional speakers
- Receive individualized coaching from a personal mentor and professional speech coaches
- Learn how to better structure a keynote, training, breakout session and/or workshop
- Work on your speaking performance and platform skills; craft and fine-tune your keynote; record and receive valuable feedback on your presentation.
- Create a demo video to market your speaking business
- Become a better storyteller (a critical skill in all speaking)
- Integrate more humor, experiential exercises and engagement into your presentations
- Cultivate a network of like-minded colleagues to problem-solve, brainstorm, and support each other throughout the program
- Build skills you can apply in many aspects of your professional and personal lives
- Create new and exciting revenue streams
Speaker University is a potentially life-changing opportunity that has launched speaking careers and helped build a revenue-generating clientele for small business owners. The 2020-21 class is now open for registration…and already filling up! Take a look at the schedule and see what to expect this year.
NSA NYC Speaker University is comprised of a two-part educational offering.
Online Learning Core Curriculum
The 10-module online course focuses on the foundational elements you need to build a successful speaking business. View the course topics here.
When you login to the course, powered by Edulence (Knowledgelink), you will immediately be able to access your learning modules. Your online curriculum includes instructional videos, informative readings, interviews with top speakers, interactive quizzes, practicable exercises and a personalized learning dashboard that empowers you to study at your own pace.
Although you study online, you won’t be alone. You’ll be with a cohort of like-minded professionals whom you will work with in-person and online throughout the program. Additionally, you will have access to highly regarded professional members with specific expertise in the module topics as well as the Speaker University deans who will be available to answer questions in the Facebook group and via email.
Business Building & Performance Boot Camps (and Showcase)
Boot Camp One: Topic Development & Business Building
In this one-day boot camp you will focus on evaluating your expertise, credibility and passion in order to refine your topic, identify your audience and understand what they need to know. You will also examine your target market and hone your benefit-rich sales approach, and evaluate your marketing materials and online presence.
Boot Camp Two: Performance, Delivery & Showcase
Upon completion of the curriculum, you will take part in a two day deep-dive intensive where you’ll work to craft and fine-tune your presentation. You will get repeated opportunities to present, with video and verbal feedback, and you will walk away with a clearly defined message, new insights on how to connect with and impact your audience, and professional video footage to market your speaking business.
Presentation Skills Workshop
An opportunity for you to practice your presentation skills, get tips and feedback on body language, vocal tone and presence and increase your confidence in presenting to a live audience.
“An investment in knowledge pays the best dividends” – Ben Franklin
If you have a story to tell, expertise to share and/or a desire to make a difference with your message, take the first step by completing the application below. A faculty member will contact you within 48 hours to answer any questions you have and help you decide if Speaker University is right for you.